Been doing skincare seriously since my mid twenties, I'm 31 now. The first few years the improvements were obvious. Barrier stopped freaking out, breakouts got manageable, texture smoothed out, my face just looked less exhausted all the time. Felt like every product change did something.
Somewhere in the last two years that stopped. My routine is honestly reasonable at this point:
AM: gentle cleanser (CeraVe Hydrating), niacinamide serum, moisturizer, SPF 50 (Biore UV Aqua Rich)
PM: double cleanse, tretinoin 0.025% three nights a week, ceramide cream (CeraVe PM)
Weekly: mandelic acid on non-tret nights, sometimes a hydrating mask
Nothing wild. Barrier is intact, I'm not overdoing anything, and if I compare a photo of my face today to a photo from 2022 it's basically the same face. Which sounds fine, but the thing is I've been doing 15+ minutes of skincare twice a day for two years to hold the same line. And lately I've been noticing this kind of tired look in the mirror that isn't a wrinkle or a breakout, just a general dullness that wasn't there before.
I keep waiting for the "adding one more thing" instinct to kick in but I'm not sure what more I'd add. Every time I've tried something new in the last year (vitamin C, peptide serum, azelaic) I either see no change or my barrier gets annoyed. Feels like the routine has done what it can and I'm just running maintenance at this point.
Not really looking for another topical rec, I've tried a lot of them already. More curious whether other people have hit this same wall and what actually shifted things for you, whether it was internal, lifestyle, or something I haven't thought of. The "topical has a ceiling past a certain point" theory feels increasingly right the more I think about it.
Submitted 2026-08-13T03:52:19Z by Patricia-Oldsa https://ift.tt/SZx7ebw
Comments
Post a Comment