Over the past few months, it feels like my skin completely stopped absorbing my skincare products.
I’ve been using the same routine for years, but lately, within an hour of applying my heavy night cream, my face feels tight and dry again—especially around my cheeks and mouth. It's almost like products are just sitting on the surface instead of actually sinking in.
I don't use harsh exfoliants or active ingredients like retinol every day, so I don't think I blew out my moisture barrier, but maybe my skin's needs have just shifted as I've gotten older. Adding face oils on top seems to help a bit with the shine, but the uncomfortable tight feeling underneath is still there.
For anyone who faced this issue, did you have to change the types of hydrators you use (like switching to glycerine/hyaluronic serums on damp skin), or is this just a sign that I need a gentler cleanser?
Would love some recommendations for products or routine tweaks that actually bring back that plump, comfortable feeling
Submitted August 1, 2026 at 08:02AM by Spence_Wulan https://ift.tt/26Y7Irc
Comments
Post a Comment